I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
-Marshall McLuhan

29 October 2010

Nietzsche, Snobbishness and something else I'll hopefully remember later

I recently learned that the annoying phrase "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger" was Frederich Nietzsche. I personally hate that quote.


Instead of "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger," shouldn't it be "What doesn't kill me makes it easier for the next person"? 


*laugh*
____________________






I also recently learned of why my old English class thought I moved classes.
They just went and randomly changed my schedule. I didn't want that. Truth be told, I don't like my new English class.


However, my friend in my old English class (as in the only one there) told me that when she was talking to another classmate, and when the conversation turned to me somehow, it was like "Oh, that Asian who moved cuz she's too smart for us, huh?"
   My friend was like, "Noo... She moved because they messed up her schedule."
   "Hm." (probably doesn't believe her)


What I don't get is why that person thought that. I never acted cocky or overbearing at all last year. (My old class had most of the people from last year). I was just quiet and barely talked. And I guess they thought that, Oh, since she's smart, she must be an arrogant bitch, too.


but I don't get how someone would just think that about someone. I wasn't even that "smart" in that class? Was it because I'm Asian?


Still, it really bothered me. A lot. Boo.


And there was something else I wanted to write about, but I think I don't care anymore. I'll probably remember it in a few hours and finally write about it in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment