I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
-Marshall McLuhan

08 October 2010

Lost Love

I got 2 B's on my report card. An 85 in French and an 88 in Newspaper.(the rest were A's)
Thus, my mother has banned me from buying any more manga, and watching or buying anime until the end of high school. It makes me so sad to think about it
But I know I need to bring up my grades 
I know I've been lazy and an idiot
But am I the only person who finds this a bit harsh?


Actually, everyone I complained to at school sympathized with me.
"Wow, your parents are strict."
"Isn't that a bit... extreme?"
"Uwaaah *tears up*"


I suppose if you were to just look at what it is-- two and a half years of NO manga or anime-- it does seem a bit harsh and, if I may, a bit unreasonable, n'est-ce pas?
But, I guess it really was the reason I was lazy and let my grades slip so this is really just a preventive measure to make sure it doesn't happen again, and to help my (awful, awful) grades go up. 
I have enough manga anyway.
I've been meaning to get rid of my manga-obsession anyway.
Before 8th grade, I didn't really even like manga or anime that much. I didn't even start buying it until high school. This really shouldn't be so dear to me.
(Are all the things I tell myself to keep myself from crying-- not really)


It's still a bit sad, though. Something just ended like that cuz I was an idiot, and partly because someone said so. 


Words really hurt a lot.
I may die of withdrawal symptoms before I get used to this.
Either that or I'll twist up like a pretzel and end up having to turn to apples for an addiction and start wearing all black, get spiky hair and wings and carry a death note around with me all the time, only to keep losing it and having it picked up by freaks. (I'm assuming a lot of you won't get this reference.) (HINT: DEATH NOTE)


And I've realized I need to get better at certain aspects of geometry and more difficult factoring (like when they start making it 2a^2 + 6ab + 4b^2 or something. I'm sorry, I'm no goos at this.) so I decided to try to get myself to finally learn it already. But I'm not sure how long my resolve will last.


__________




I've realized I've never really tried doing a horror manga. I've tried romance, shounen-ai, non-romance, things that focus on a really dark plot, really light-hearted things that really just mean nothing, mystery (failed, tho), action (again, failed), etc, etc but I've never tried horror. Not really. I made a very feeble attempt in 8th grade, though.


So I decided to try doing a really cliched one just to see how it'd turn out. 
Basically. there's a club, the members of which are a seemingly random group of people. There's the kind-hearted, "strong" and socially idiotic main character, his shy, often-bullied and cute-faced friend whom he must always protect, the really popular badass guy who's really just a douche but girls like him anyway, the really popular sexy girl who's really just a bitch and is dating afore-mentioned douche, the smart and perhaps dark protecter of justice class rep who's also in the morals committee, the really quiet, shy girl with no face who's always either bullied or ignored, and the really, really eccentric teacher. 


So the teacher says something really lame, like, "for today's club activities, we'll have a race to see who can get out the front entrance of the school first!" and when all the students complain, he says something like "but first place will get a prize!" so the students (thinking it's money or food) agree to it, he leaves the room, they find the door to the classroom locked even though the teacher hadn't locked it. They panic, cuz they can't get the door open, and the door won't break, either. So they look in the cabinet at the back of the room in hopes of finding something that can get them out. They find a small door, think there's no danger in going through it, and everyone but faceless shy girl goes through it. She stands up, tries the door, and it opens...


Meanwhile, the others find themselves in a big chamber with a bunch of tunnels. They each choose a tunnel and go through it, and, basically, they all die one by one. But the main character gets the most crap cuz, well, he's the main character and there wouldn't be much anything without him going through a bunch of crap.


But in the end, it turns out sensei was just a demon who made a contract with the shy girl and arranged for all this to happen so she could get her revenge. The popular guy and girl would always be the ones who bully her, so she wanted to get revenge. And she felt the class rep was very hypocritical in saving her all the time. She never asked for it, and she starts to hate her for it, cuz, well, whenever someone saves another, it's always, "Quit bullying weak people!" or "Don't hurt people who can't stand up for themselves!" or something similarly so, so healthy for the ego. And the main character and his friend just annoy her because the friend is always getting bullied and he looks like he wants to fight back. If he wants to fight back, he should just do it, etc, etc, and she feels the same towards the main character as the class-rep, and so it ends with her and demon-sensei on the rooftop, and there's really nothing to say what happens after. Like, what happens to their family? Is there a police investigation? 


Again, it's just really cliched so that I can see how well I can draw scary things. 
But I'm not sure if I'll be able to last until it ends... I get scared very easily... watching Higurashi really didn't help my tolerance for scary things >< 


_______________________




They finally added real salads to the lunch menu at school. Actually, I think they already had them, but I'm seeing them a lot more, now. 


The cafeteria ladies at my school are amazing.
An acquaintance told me that they made a brownie that looks, smells and tastes like play-doh. All three. Usually, it at least doesn't look or smell like play-doh (sometimes worse, though, admittedly, play-doh doesn't really have a bad smell... just a... play-doh-y smell... either way, not a smell you want hanging around your food.) In that sense, they are very amazing. 


______________________________




I probably had more intelligent things to say, but it's getting a bit late, and I don't want my parents to shout at me for staying up, so I will sleep now.


G'night!

2 comments:

  1. Ooog, that's harsh...I don't know, my parents must not be as uptight as yours - I've pretty much gotten one B a semester since I've been in high school...so I guess it's not like they are *really* onto me about straight A's...anyway my point was I've been punished before about school - biggest time was when I couldn't check out books for like 3 months and that was pretty bad - so 2! years! is like...ouch. what's really bad tho is I'm a procrastinator...and I know I procrastinate and I've gotten in trouble for it...but every time I try to stop, it never works. I'm almost at the point where I want to say, "What's the point in even trying? I'll still procrastinate..." (Same thing with staying up late - I still do it, even if I resolve not to...)

    Yea. But...those are *my* problems and really I don't blame you if you don't read my comments cause I shouldn't be bothering you with them anyway!

    Sounds like a pretty good plot to me...I don't read/watch much horror tho, so if you say it's cliched, I'll take your word for it.

    Eh, I should probably sleep now too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last sentence, it made me laugh *laughing*

    ReplyDelete