I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
-Marshall McLuhan

21 October 2010

Euphemisms, Epiphanies and Normal is weirder than I thought it'd be

I know I haven't posted in forever.
I'm sorry.
I hope you haven't forgotten about me.


A while ago, in Bio, we were talking about, of course, living things and what they need to stay living. We were originally talking about plants, and it went to what plants need in order to photosynthesize. She compared it to humans needing air.
Sensei: Cuz without air, we'd... (pause)
Students: Die.
Sensei: Yeah, without air, we'd, um... stop breathing. 


My point is, even though that class is filled with freshmen (actually, I was one last year, but who cares?), we're in high school. We don't need any euphemisms for "die." When something dies, it dies. It becomes dead. And it stays dead


I don't get why movies and TV shows do that, either. Why is this world obsessed with makings sound nicer than they are?


_______________________


I think the strongest epiphany I've ever had was in fourth grade.
I realized that people don't want to listen to what I have to say.
I know that sounds obvious, but so few people even my age seem to understand that. They get that the person their problems concern won't care, but they'll go complain to everyone else. It was an extremely strong epiphany for me. It was so shocking, and I could hardly breathe from how shocked I was.


But now, even though I understand that, I still mouth off and complain to anyone, whether they'll listen or not. 


It's what Camus would call absurd.


But it was a very strong epiphany and it had a lasting effect on me.


And I know I sound ridiculous for saying this.
Please ignore me now.
Nah, just kidding. Don't ignore me. I'll cry. O.O


___________________________________


I think the philsbury (?) dough boy looks scary. I mean, imagine seeing that thing in the dark, standing over you as you wake up. Scary.


Just randomly saying. I just saw a commercial for Philsbury crescents. Sorry.


/////////////////////////////////////    /////////////////////////////////   /////////////////


Yesterday, during homeroom, we got all these papers for safe electronics and internet use. 
And blogging was under it.


And my homeroom teacher said, "Does anyone write a blog in here?"


And I didn't bother saying anything, cuz it's homeroom. Who cares.


And then he was like, "yeah, blogs are for losers."


And that really hurt.


And I just started a bunch of sentences with "and."


________     __ __ ________            __________ _  __ _






Today we had another work night for the magazine. 


And I always thought the people on staff were pretty normal.
They all act and look pretty normal, too. But it turns out facebook-stalking guys and obsessing over how sexy he is and just screaming at his picture is pretty normal. They were bonding over how much they loved this one guy. And I thought that was pretty weird.


But most of the girls on staff were all talking about it, so I guess it's actually pretty normal.
Normal is a lof crazier than I thought. 
o_o

1 comment:

  1. Psshhhh, your homeroom teacher is a jerk. Blogs are NOT for losers.

    ReplyDelete