I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
-Marshall McLuhan

10 September 2010

Once man has flown...

I've had a very crappy week.
I haven't been blogging this week, but you really didn't miss much. But, I may as well write something, and I feel like ranting, so I can kill two stones with one bird (wait, that doesn't sound quite right...) and rant here. I will have written something, and I will have ranted to someone who may or may not care! If I were to say all this to my parents, they don't care. That's it. With you guys, even though I know you don't care about the tantrums of a 14-year-old, I can imagine that perhaps one of you actually cares enough to read. Thank you for being so ambiguous. (Not really. But it's useful for the moment, so, for the moment, THUMBS UP TO YA!!!)


Labour Day Weekend. 
I was planning on doing my homework. I decided "You know what? Screw this." I only did two things.
And then I caught a cold.
Aah, this must be my punishment for procrastinating, I thought. 


Tuesday, I was sick. The day sucked.


Wednesday, I was also sick. I was also supposed to take pictures for my article. I arranged to meet the photographer at D lunch by the west building. She didn't come. I tried texting her, and calling her, but the number didn't work. It turned out, she gave me the wrong number. The day sucked.


Yesterday. We did a seminar for English. Oh, joy! And she split us into two groups. One group answered questions, and the other took notes. But the questions I had good answers for were asked to the other group. And I was still sick. I have to make it up on Tuesday. Oh, joy. Oh, joy. Oh, joy.


Today. The photographer I was supposed to work with on Wednesday was busy, so she delegated the task to another photographer. She's photo editor, so she can do that. The photographer told me she'd text me which lunch we'd do the photos. At the beginning of 7th period, which is our lunch period, I texted her. Have you decided which lunch? No, not yet. I talk to my teacher. She tells me after we finish one assignment, I can go figure out what I'm supposed to do. I text her again after A-lunch is over. No answer. I wait. I text her again, also telling her where to meet me. No answer. I wonder if this means she is outside and waiting, but just didn't reply. I go outside. She's not there. I text her again. She tells me to text the photo editor. I do. "She wouldn't respond, and then she told me to text you. What do i do?" 
                 She just said "she in trob." I ask again, "so, what do I do?" hoping the frantic tone playing in my head wouldn't be in the text. She told me to wait, and that the photographer was in trouble. "I'm outside right now. Should I just go back to class?" "Yes sweetheart" For some reason, this calmed me, and I went back to class. It was extremely stressful. I get a headache just thinking about it. Am I just cursed when it comes to working with other people?






So, that was my week. In a word, it sucked. Well, that was two words, but the important thing is that one word. (It?) No. Sucked. This week sucked. THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!! Or... whoever the hell's up there anyway. Or down there. Or way over there. Or whoever's hiding somewhere under a rock hoping I will not find him/Him/it/her and KILLL IT!!! I don't care, it is an it. An it that deserves to die. Go to Hell, God. Seriously.  (Damn, I hope nothing happens to me)


D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: 


I hope none of those look like happy faces.


I was chatting with one of my friends, and after a while, it came to the subject of my HORRIBLE, UNFAIR, RIDICULOUS AND JUST I-WANNA-KILL-SOMEONE-ESQUE-THOUGHT-INDUCING schedule change. It turns out, Are-chan's class (she has my old teacher... the fun one... *sniff* and I got the teacher-ish teacher! It's ninth grade all over again!!! Only I DON'T HAVE A FRIEND IN THAT CLASS! You know, I did, for one class. But then she got switched out. HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN???) does not have to do seminar. 


NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Previous English-sensei thinks that seminars are stupid and a waste of time. So they just needed to type the answers to the questions.


NO FAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD!! WHY DO YOU HATE ME? I'M A GOOD KID! EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT I DON'T THINK YOU EXIST!!!


It's not fair!


Of course, it went on to the 


ARE THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED!!


ME    But it wasn't in my control! They did it randomly!


ARE  ASK TO CHANGE IT BACK!!!


ME It's been more than a week!!


Are  D:> Then get your parents to go and complain!


ME  But my parents don't even care. You don't have friends in your classes? Make new friends. There are things in life you can't control. As DaVinci said, Once man has flown, he will walk the earth with his eyes turned skyward, for there he has been, and there he will wish to return. 


and then the conversation returned to normal.
Of course, I'm not sure if that quote is exact. I am fairly sure DaVinci said it, though.


But I think I can really identify with that quote. I lived in Canada, and then I came here. It kinda was like comparing flying to walking on the ground. And, well, it's not like I could walk around facing north all the time, but I thought about it a lot. 


And now, whenever I pass my old English classroom (and it's my homeroom) I think if how, damnit, I used to have a friend in that class. And the teacher is funny. And really lax. No fair. Why do I have to suffer like this? I hate being alone. And it's so stressful. I have all this work, and lousy classmates, and no friend to vent to. I bet all my hair'll turn grey, I'll have to buy a wig.


And I kinda thought that "will walk the earth with his eyes turned skyward" part a bit sad. 
So, he doesn't get to fly again? Is he cursed to walk on the ground forever, always thinking about that freedom and joy he tasted flying? 


Then wouldn't it just be better to forget about it?
But then you'd be losing something precious to you...
But it's still nice to think about it.
I can't imagine anything being very "nice" if all it does is make you depressed.


Guah, all of a sudden, this became a bit depressing....


Anyway, yeah, 


                   HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!




Look! It's a rainbow!


Anyway, let's all have a great weekend, and hopefully I will be able to sell ads!

No comments:

Post a Comment