I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
-Marshall McLuhan

27 September 2010

As per request, I put up some pictures of the tarot cards I got a couple weeks ago

The artist who did them was Stephanie Pui-Mun Law. 


Aren't they pretty? 
I think the artist was pretty optimistic in depicting them, though,. You don't have to get what I mean. 


































Recently, I bought the first volume of the Hetalia manga. Ufufufufu~~ Everyone kept asking to borrow it...(No! I don't wanna! It's my Hetalia! Let me have Italy and Germany and Japan and American and England and France and all them a~~ll to myself!!! BUY YOUR OWN!!  is what with which I'd reply.) 


And on the back, just today, I noticed something.
On the back of any manga, you'll see the rating. A for all ages, T for teen, OT for older teen, etc. They do ratings based on how much racy or inappropriate or just stupid stuff there is in the manga. 


It went like this: 
OT
16+   


May include:
Non-sexual nondescript nudity
Mild violence
Moderate language
Mild fanservice
Alcohol use
.


...
wait... wha?? 
"Mild Fanservice" 


No, seriously. Go find it in a bookstore or library and look at the back. "Mild fanservice"
"Oh, wow, there's 'mild fanservice' in here! Horrible! We need to rate this for older audiences because of this 'mild fanservice'!"
Okay, okay, so maybe 'mild fanservice' was NOT the man reason, but still? Can it even count as a reason? Have you ever seen one manga without any fanservice? Go to a kids manga, and you'll still find some. Anything that might even remotely be considered fanservice probably is fanservice. 


Idk, it was just a bit of a laugh.




____________________________________
I decided to teach Japanese Club Japanese.
I mean, they went and decided for me, but, hey, it was all in good fun, eh? Let's just ignore little things like consideration and courtesy and consider a four-month-old, entirely vague answer a yes, eh? 


I should just teach them Japanese in Japanese or in the Kansai Dialect. Or, I could just teach them really old Japanese.


"Wait, but in anime, they end their sentences in "dess"!"


Ah, see, that's anime. In real life, one has to be much more polite. This is Japan, East Asia that we're taking about. So end your sentences in "de gozaimasu" like good little gullible inconsiderate idiots, okay? 


Or I'll lie and tell them "tono" (lord) is the real word for teacher, and sensei is just a very informal term that. while it appears a lot in anime, is actually not used at all. And then I'll have a whole army of (less than twenty) minions who'll do whatever I say!
MWAHAHAHA!!!


Or, maybe not. Either way.


But then I got over my anger (though I am still fairly indignant about it.... I can't help it. I hold grudges. They don't even try to squirm out of my arms. You're not gonna tell me to just drop the poor thing, are you?) and I decided, fine, I'll teach them Japanese, but I'll pull a few pranks and leave out any swear words.


"What's 'f*** you, ****** **********" in Japanese?"

(wow...) Um... it's... anata no koto wo sugoku aijou wo kanjimasu." (I feel great love for you *pretty formal*)


"Ooh, that sounds so evil!"


Yes, yes it is.


Or something. I can see that.


/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/




I seem to suck at guessing dreams. 
My friend, Are-chan is in love with Bankotsu, from Inuyasha. (Isn't that a really old anime? What the hell, she's so old-fashioned, loving an old man!) She'll beat you up if she hears you. (you're the one who said it, bitch!) 


Anyway, she told me to guess her dream about her darling Bankotsu.


I guess that she dreamt that she was part of an experiment, but she ran away and made herself forget about the whole thing in case the wrong people catch her and ask her questions. (As in people besides the people who experimented on her, cuz info leaking is bad no matter what) So, the people from the organization surround her, and BANKOTSU comes swooping in and SAVES HER!! And so they run away together, so that Are-chan can run off to Canada, cuz, for some reason, if she gets there, she'll be FREE! And cuz Canada's awesome. So ha. Anyway, once they reach the border, BANKOTSU betrays her and hands her back to the people who did that experiment on her. He was actually the head honcho behind the operation. Are-chan had been gone for a while, and she was pretty powerful, so he devised a clever scheme to gain her trust instead of just outright trying to shoot her full of holes, cuz that'd be a waste of money equivalent to America's debt. So, because of Are-chan, there are world wars III and IV. And BANKOTSU realizes that the whole experiment was a mistake. So he uses his super awesome smexy BANKOTSU POWERS to turn back time and erase the fact that the experiment happens at all, so Are-chan lives a life as a farmer's girl in Saskatchewan. (That's a province in Canada. The really straight one down the middle.) The last scene is of her walking home from school. She hears something and turns around and sees the flash of a black braid disappear into the trees. (Bankotsu has a really, really, really long black braid. That, a purple star on his forehead and his weird clothes are really his only distinguishing features. Oh, and his giant butterknife, but everyone has those in anime :D) So, Are-chan's friends shout for her to hurry up. She dismisses what she saw as a trick of the light and goes on with her life, never knowing that she started World Wars III and IV or that she had been betrayed by the love of her life in her previous life.


And then Are-chan was like "O.O ...um.... wow.........."


And her dream ended up being that she was snuggling with Bankotsu, but then Bankotsu walked into the room and saw them and he walked away, saying something about damn, I did it with her when I don't even know who the hell she is.... *confused glare*


So... there were... two Bankotsu's?


"Yep."


And you... You should have snuggled both.


"But he got the wrong idea and walked off! *tears*"


Are-chan, Are-chan... HOW COULD YOU??? CHEATING ON HIM WITH... ANOTHER HIM!!! How can you live with yourself???


And the conversation/shouting-match-that-was-really-an-ALL-CAPS-match-since-we-were-chatting-online continued with similar eccentricities. 


Aah, I hang around really weird people.
XP

1 comment:

  1. Yup, very pretty! I see what you mean, tho - they're more whimsical and I would imagine tarot cards as being all serious, dark, etc.

    LOLZ I think you should totally teach them to call you lord, and the swear words? yesssssss.

    ReplyDelete