I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
-Marshall McLuhan

25 January 2012

So.. Hospitals

Something wonderful happened to me last night. I went to bed at 11pm! And it was amazing. But, when I woke up and my stomach started hurting reaally badly, and so I went to the doctor. She was worried I might have appendicitis, so I went to the emergency center of a nearby hospital, where I had an ultrasound, and they couldn't find my appendix. They said, Hey, maybe nuthin's wrong with ya, and sent me home. 


I am a firm believer in karma and the balance of cosmic energy, so I'm not trying to think of what terrible thing I did last week. Firstly, there are waaay too many terrible things I did. Secondly, no matter what thousands of clueless white people say, karma has bad things happen to you because of bad things you did in a past life. So if you punched your sister in the face for no reason or ran over a cat, your retribution did not come two weeks later in the form of rotten milk. No, the universe ain't done with you yet, and you're gonna have to pay for it in your next life. 


Anyway, what I mean to say is, maybe because I was actually able to get more than 5 hours of sleep last night, the universe decided something bad needed to happen to me to balance it out. 


And you'd think that since I didn't need much done while I was there, I'd be in and out pretty quickly. But I was there for about 5 hours. And any amount of hours is waaay to long to stay in a hospital. It was all white and sterile and noisy and scrubs. And it reminded me of something I haven't heard since elementary school.


Remember in elementary school, your teacher would always call your mother "Mum" and your father "Dad"? Well, it happened again. Turns out they do it in children's hospitals, too. 


I never understood why people do it. What? Don't call my mum "Mum." You already have a mum. Heck, you're old enough to be her parent! Stoppit. 


So, all in all, I'm more or less okay. My stomach hurts if I press it too hard, but, hey, I got to miss school! I thought it'd be a great chance to get homework done, but I still got home at about three, so I won't be getting much more done in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment