I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
-Marshall McLuhan

29 June 2012

Ain't it cute; also: driving is still scary

Before I start, an open letter to the idiot teenagers/college students making a ruckus at the pool: 

Dear idiot teenagers/college students making a ruckus at the pool:


After a few months of living in this apartment that overlooks the pool, I've more or less gotten used to idiot seven-year-olds (and their self-entitled asshole parents) running around  and screaming as if they're being murdered. Some people may call it cute.


You know what's not cute? You. 

You are not being cute or funny or young or free or wonderful or youthful as your blast your shitty pop music as your scream bad jokes and thinly-veiled insults at each other. Let me tell it to you straight: Your music sucks. If you're the type to blast your sucky music at a deafening level so the entire neighborhood can hear it, your music sucks. It sucks even more because you're the inconsiderate assholes who listen to it. Stop it. I don't care if it's Friday night and you don't have a test on Monday and you haven't seen your friends in a whole week. Be civil. 


The laughter of children is (to many) wonderful and the epitome of youth. Your drunken, shrill screams are that of a banshee and I don't want to spend *my* Friday night glaring daggers at you idiots while you have your wild, idiotic fun while disturbing the public. So stop it. No one wants to see your scantily-clad, orange bodies, no one wants to hear your hilarious "inside jokes" and no one cares if you only live once. Your stupid choices won't kill you fast enough. 


Why not go to one of your idiot rich friend's houses where they have their own pool and you won't bother the dozens of innocent apartment dwellers who were so unfortunate to be occupying the apartments surrounding the pool while you asholes party? If you have to, do it during the day time when all the grown-ups are working. Did you think no one would be bothered? Did you think people magically get rested on their commute back home? Stop it.  No one cares why you're there or what you're trying to do. We care that you're being noisy in a blatant, inconsiderate act of complete and utter selfishness and declaring your dumb notion of some inherently deserved freedom. You can go celebrate your drunken, misinformed idea of freedom somewhere else. 


Again, your music sucks. Stop it. I don't want to hear "Somebody I Used to Know" or any of the other shitty pop radio hits you tasteless idiots adore. I don't even know you people, and your dumb behavior is making me hate you. I honestly hate you, idiot teenagers/college students making a ruckus at the pool. 


You guys can go fuck yourselves. 


Sincerely,
A concerned citizen who would like some QUIET after a stressful day


____________________________________




God, young people suck (said the teenager).


________________


So, I operated a car for the first time in my life. 


It was only for a couple hours, and half of it was spent circling a parking lot and the other half was spent circling a residential area, but I drove a car and that's all that matters. 


I was really nervous for it, because I've been in 4 car accidents and cars scare me to death, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Once I started to get the hang of it, I probably had a really dumb, half-scared, half-excited expression. Oh, face, why can't you just stay normal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment