I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
-Marshall McLuhan

21 August 2012

Less Than a Week to Go

Wow, I haven't done this in a while. Hi, readers. If you're still out there. If you were every out there in the first place. I have less than a week til school starts, and I woke up 20 minutes ago, at 4:05 pm. Usually, the last week of the summer is spent waking up at 8 am, finishing up summer homework, and being astounded by the concept of breakfast, which is apparently food that people eat in the mornings, because apparently people wake up in the mornings. But the past two weeks have been spent watching Supernatural, waking up anywhere between 6 am and 3 pm and just generally being miserable. 

I am almost done with my summer homework, though, which was reading and annotating a short novel. Which is pathetic, actually, cuz it's 209 pages of very readable prose, and I have three frickin months to do it, and I could have just finished annotating it in three days, but I just felt lazy. 

Anyway, yesterday I went to pick up my textbooks, and I hate them. And I'm going to keep hating them until I go to return them. 

My school's being renovated over the summer, and from the looks of it, it probably won't be done by the time school starts. I mean, they never fix anything quickly in my city, but they were able to paint the window frames. My school is a very ugly school, as a lot of high schools are, but in an attempt to alleviate some of the ugliness, it has splashes of teal on pillars, railings, just little random places. And it's ugly. Cuz the rest of the building is a sandy brown/gray. And they made it uglier by putting the teal in more places. Like the window frames. So now it's everywhere, and it's an assault on the eyes. 

The inside better be f*cking beautiful. 
_________________________

I think I had more stuff to write about, but it just kinda flew out of my head. 
Oh, the only reason I'm excited for summer to be over is because once it is, little kids will stop running around the pool outside my window, so I won't have to be assaulted by their shrill screams every day from midday to evening. 

1 comment: