I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
-Marshall McLuhan

25 December 2011

I only have one thing to say about today

And it's that today there is an intense pain in my hip.


We left on a roadtrip to Pensacola Beach a few days ago, and we just came back. Really, all we did was dive two days to get there, comment on the nice view once we got there, took a few photos, and took two more days to drive home once morning came. 


It seems a lot of our holidays are characterized by spending a looong time to drive to where we're going, staying a couple nights without doing much, and then spending a loooong time getting back. So, for a lot of the trips I took, what I remember most vividly is being on the plane or being in the car, and watching the scenery go by like the wind. 


And, so, now, we're finally home and I am at my desk, and sitting with some really awful pain in my hip. I think it's because I never sit right in the car when I'm in the back seat and I'm in there for more than a half hour or so. It really, really hurts. And it hurts when I stand, and it hurts when I bend, and, ugh, I just hope it goes away by tomorrow. 


Anyway, when I woke up this morning, I had the sudden realization that today's Christmas! 
Not really, my brother shouted "Merry Christmas" to all of us when he woke up this morning, and I kept hearing it from people on the trip back. 


I must say, it doesn't really feel like Christmas. That isn't to say Christmas has a certain feel. It's just, I haven't heard too many carols, I haven't even seen 1 complete Christmas movie and despite having several cups of hot chocolate, I've yet to finish eating a singly candy cane. And now my hip hurts. And my hip never hurts on Christmas. Actually, my hip hardly ever hurts, since I'm not even old enough to complain about my hip hurting. 


So, yeah, Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it,
and to the rest of you, Happy Whatever-It-Is-That-Won't-Offend-You
and if you'll excuse me, I must go do something about my hip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment