I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
-Marshall McLuhan

04 January 2011

We got our PSAT scores back...

Sometime near the end of last semester, my school took the PSAT to give juniors and sophomores practice, and to give freshmen something to do.
I got my scores back, and my score was 190/240. Is that good? Not bad, at least, right? It seems my critical reading is higher than 99% of sophomores, my writing skills are higher than 97% of them, but my math is only higher than 86%.


In a little box, it showed a comparison to college-bound juniors, and it said 93. It means I'm doing better than 93% of the nation's juniors, right? 


Of course, my mother said I need to be in the top 5% at least and my father, upon seeing my math score, gave me this... face... and this weird... shouty-yelly-grunt sound. And he shouted at me to work harder on my math. Hell, I'm surprised I did that well, damnit!


And he didn't even care about how well I did on the other parts. Damn, I get nothing but criticism from him. It makes me sad. But I did better than I thought, so I guess it's fine. (It's probably not, actually, but whatever)






___________


Before I start on a rant, I'll go to something else...
In French, Madame changed our seats so in the 4-person group I'm in now, I know two of them by name, and I've spoken to one of those two maybe twice last semester. Oh, joy. I liked my old seat. I was there for a year and a half. But she moved me. Je suis triste.


Anyway, we watched a movie called "Le Chateau de ma Mere" or My Mother's Castle.
It was about a boy whose family went to their house in the country to see the hills every holiday, but then the clever mother had them go every weekend. She's so very sly. I like her.


Anyway, by the hills, the main character, a boy named Marcel, has a friend named Lili who lives in Les Bellons and is a bit older than him. Lili is a boy, by the way, just to put that out there. Anyway, they put in a few scenes of them running around and having fun together. At this, I immediately thought, YAOI!!


But then he meets this girl named Isabelle and she totally ruined the yaoi vibe between the two. It made me resent her a little it.


It was still an enjoyable movie, though we didn't get to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment